“For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them.”
For some of our church family it’s been a long time since they’ve been able to come to church.
Over the next 4 weeks our church building will be open again to welcome back some of our church family and others to worship, by appointment; those who have perhaps been in isolation because of COVID, or those who have not been able to access zoom.
Although we may not all be gathered together in the same building, we are grateful for the technology that enables us to worship together, pray and hear the word of God, in-service or through zoom at the same time, together again.
- Jim, the welcome and technology teams, that all goes well and to plan.
- all who come to worship, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. that they will feel the presence and love of God;
- those who may feel a little anxious or unsettled at coming bock into the church building. May they feel relaxed, safe and well.
“Bless the Lord oh my soul
Oh my soul,
Worship his Holy Name
Sing like never before
Oh my soul
I’ll worship Your Holy Name”
We pray for :
- Church of Scotland and its leaders as we go forward in these challenging times. Holy Spirit, guide them with your vision and wisdom, a new sense of mission as they plan for the future, glorifying God and drawing people to Jesus.
- challenge us too, to look forward, discerning what the Spirit is prompting us to do, today, tomorrow and in the days ahead.
- Trypraying campaign – that the Spirit will awaken people to try praying, lead them to Jesus and start a journey of faith.
- plans and preparations for the children’s holiday club “Jungle Adventure” will go well with Heather and the SU team.
Hear us as we pray for
- all who are in need, broken or ill, May your healing hands comfort them with your love, peace and grace and bring them help and support.
- all who continue to be affected by Covid. Give them strength for the day and hope for tomorrow.
- the new Indian variant of COVID, that it can be contained.
- Give thanks for our NHS, its services and the success of our vaccination roll out.
“Peace I leave you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid”. John 14: 27
We pray for our troubled world as the pandemic spreads, for all those living in crisis, the lost or in need. Shine the light of your Kingdom into the darkness of our world.
We think and pray for :
- India, as the country continues to grapple with the pandemic, 26 million cases and over 300,000 deaths, overwhelming the healthcare system, leaving hospitals struggling to cope and critical drugs and oxygen in short supply.
- those missing and refugees who have fled to Rwanda after the eruption of the volcano in Goma, Republic of Congo.
- those caught up in the Israel – Gaza conflict; moves to rebuild relations with the Palestinians and the re- building of Gaza.
We give thanks for the work of Tearfund, Christian Aid and others who work tirelessly bringing relief, support and hope to many.
To mark “World Environment Day”on June 5th, Tearfund is encouraging us to go out into nature to pray in a local green space, beach or park as you walk or have a time of