Hope is the Light of the World
“The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.” Deuteronomy 32:8
Pray for all those finding life difficult at the moment, be it illness, bereavement, redundancy, a broken relationship or loneliness. May they rest in your love, peace and grace.
For the hungry, homeless and forgotten. Be their refuge.
Pray for our NHS, its services and staff, and all who continue to be affected by Covid. Be with them.
We give thanks for the vaccination roll out and pray for the success of the antibody testing studies.
Pray for our children and young people as they settle back into school and university. Keep them safe and well.
Pray for our troubled world, and all those in crisis, lost or in need.
Lord be their healer, comforter and protector.
Be their strength, shield and provision.
Be their security, safety and close companion.
God in your mercy hear our prayer.
We pray for Afghanistan, and its people in these desperate times as the Taliban take control.
- Pray for the evacuated and displaced, and for God’s protection and provision over them in their journeys.
- Small groups of Christians in the country walking on eggshells, uncertain who to trust. Pray that they find strength, wisdom and supernatural peace in God’s promises.
- Pray for protection of the women, afraid and anxious about their futures.
- Pray for the sick. Covid cases spiking and no certainty as to how the healthcare system will be able to sustain and not collapse with the new Taliban government.
- Pray that the country will not be a haven for extremists.
When disasters strike it is people living in poverty who are hit the hardest. They are often living in areas prone to flooding, landslides and cyclones.
Lift up families who lost everything in the floods in Colombia after Hurricane Iota hit.
- Comfort those grieving the loss of their loved ones, their homes and their possessions.
- Protect them from waterborne diseases and coronavirus.
- Pray for long-term solutions for people living in areas like Cartagena that are prone to flooding and other disasters.
We pray for all those affected by the devastating earthquake in Haiti, killing thousands and leaving many, many more with no access to shelter, safe water and food.
We think and pray for other climate related disasters around the world triggered by historic heatwaves. Wild fires that continue to devastate and destroy in the U.S, Siberia and Mediterranean.
Hope is not lost.
We give thanks for the work of Tearfund, Christian Aid and their local partners as they offer relief, support , assistance and hope.
Send your Spirit to touch the hearts of our World leaders and give them the knowledge and wisdom to do what is right paving the way for justice, peace and hope.
We pray now for the Church of Scotland and its leaders as we go forward in these challenging times. Holy Spirit guide them with your vision, wisdom and a new sense of mission as they plan for the future, glorifying God and drawing people to Jesus.
We pray too that you continue to enfold Jim, Jean and their family in your loving care at this time.
“but those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.” Isaiah 40:31